Saturday, May 11, 2013

May Brings a New Website Launch!

Update...the Tommy Bahama quilts have quite a few views, but no buyers yet.  Patience!

My big news this week is that I launched my website!  It was very easy to design by using the software design at Squarespace.com.  Check it out!  www.bellavistaboutique.com.  I have more tweaks to make, but it's the modern design I was looking for, and it's very intuitive to set up and use.   There is a monthly fee for the ecommerce, but that's true of all of the sites I considered.

I will share that I worked on a design at Homestead.com for a few weeks and finally gave up.  They offer Simplestore, which has a scrolling bar that you have to drag to see the products...not very user friendly.  I loved the designs though.  So I switch to their more expensive product Storefront, which offered better product integration but virtually no design features except for your store title and logo...that was it!  A few months back I also tried Magento...you'd have to be a Phd to figure out their categories set up. 

Please feel free to post your experiences with setting up a website, I'd love to hear some discussion on this.

Have a great week!

Ann

No comments: